Even if you don’t have a lot of experience or know-how when it comes to automotive maintenance and repairs, there are quite a few DIY projects that you can do to save money and help you learn more about how your vehicle works. LaCava Auto Supply sells a wide range of Fall River car parts and accessories that you can use to your advantage. Our auto parts store in Fall River has proudly served private car owners and professionals alike for more than 75 years. If you aren’t sure what you need, our team can help you to get the best automotive parts and service in Fall River and the surrounding area. A good DIY repair starts with having all of the right tools and parts to get the job done right. You can get everything you need to keep your vehicle in tip-top shape at LaCava Brothers Auto Supply in Fall River, MA.
Start With Some Gadgets
The good thing about beginning a DIY repair or project for your vehicle today is that there are a lot of gadgets and tools that you can use to your advantage. LaCava Auto Supply carries a wide range of Fall River car parts and accessories, including a code reader, which can be used to diagnose many car problems without having to go to a mechanic. All you need to do is plug it into your vehicle’s computer system and then interpret the trouble code readout. This will help you learn what you need to do and which repairs are required. If you feel comfortable taking care of the repair on your own, stop by our auto parts store in Fall River for all of the supplies and tools you’ll need to get the job done right.
Some of the repairs you might make, depending on the trouble code readout, include:
- replace spark plugs – helps to maintain peak performance and improve gas mileage
- clean the EGR valve – stops issues with rough idling
- fix leaky valve cover gasket – save a lot of money by doing this repair yourself
- replace the T-stat – fixes overheating and no-heat issues
- clean the air and fuel intake system – remove soot and carbon buildup for better engine response
- replace blown fuses – quick, easy, and cheap repair compared to repair shop
- change the cabin air filter – find where it is located online and fix this in minutes
- change the engine air filter – also an easy fix to help your car run efficiently
- clean the battery connections – remove corrosion from the battery and cables
- fix a dirty MAF – the mass air flow sensor can be cleaned instead of replaced in many situations using a specialized cleaner
- replace the alternator – if the vehicle doesn’t hold a charge, this might need replacing
Get Detailed Instructions and Advice
The internet can be a great place to learn how to get things done. Make sure you aren’t considering doing anything that might void your vehicle’s warranty, but then search online to find detailed instructions, videos, and advice based on the make, model, and year to ensure that you do things right. Many manufacturers have online message boards and guides that you can use to your advantage. You should consult more than one source to verify the information and consider purchasing the owner’s manual and repair book for your specific vehicle. Some of these books are now available online with a subscription to a guide service, which can be extremely handy for those who own multiple vehicles.
Videos can be helpful because watching someone else do the repair and hearing them talk about troubleshooting or issues that come up during the maintenance is beneficial. If you feel as though you are in over your head, contact a trusted mechanic, or bring your vehicle into the local dealership to perform the services. While there are lots of repairs and work that can be done at home, if you do not feel confident or just appreciate the peace of mind that comes from having a professional do the work for you, go with your instincts. For simpler, less complicated home repairs, you can trust LaCava Auto Supply to provide you with all of the automotive parts and service in Fall River that you need to succeed. From windshield wiper replacements to performing oil changes, you can save time and money while building your auto mechanic skills in your garage.
Contact our team with questions about Fall River car parts and accessories by calling 508-676-1951. You can also stop by our location on Bedford Street to see our complete stock of parts, tools, products, and more at LaCava Auto Parts Store in Fall River.