When you visit your local auto parts store in Southeastern Massachusetts, you will see that there are a lot of different types of car parts and accessories. You might wonder which parts are replaced on consumer vehicles most often. The truth is that it can depend on the make, model and year of the vehicle in question, but for the most part the top list we are going to post here from LaCava Auto Parts & Services is accurate for just about any type of vehicle.
How often you replace these auto parts in Fall River, MA will depend upon the level of wear and tear that you put on your vehicle. Excessive mileage, driving up and down steep grades, weather related hazards, highway versus city miles – they can all affect how frequently you will need to visit your local auto parts store. Aggressive driving, which can cause more wear on brakes and the engine itself, will mean you have to replace parts and get services much more often than the average driver.
Most Frequently Replaced Car Parts
The list of car parts and accessories on this list can all be purchased at your local LaCava Auto Parts store in Fall River. If you aren’t sure what size, type or number of part you need, just stop by our location on Bedford Street and speak with one of our friendly and knowledgeable employees. We work with a wide variety of parts and products at our local auto parts store, so if there is something you need that is not on this list, just give us a call or stop by and we’ll find it for you.
- OIL/FILTER – requires replacing every three to six months or every 3,000 to 5,000 miles, depending on the type of oil you use and the manufacturer’s recommendations
- WIPER BLADES – should be changed every six to twelve months, depending on climate, weather and whether the vehicle is kept outdoors or garaged
- AIR FILTER – replace every three to four years, or 30,000 to 50,000 miles, depending on where the vehicle is driven and kept; more frequently in dusty, sandy areas or on gravel roads
- BATTERY – every three to four years depending on where you live; hot climates or driving in hot, arid areas may mean more frequent replacements
- BRAKE PADS – replacement should occur between three to five years, depending on driving habits, or 30,000 to 70,000 miles; type of vehicle, brake materials, and city versus highway driving frequency can all affect replacement rates
- TIRES – depending on the type of driving you do and where you live, replacement should occur between five to seven years; more frequently if annual miles exceed national averages, as well as the type of tires that were purchased
- HEADLIGHTS – replace every five to seven years, depending on the amount of night driving you do; driving on bumpy roads or rough terrain can also shorten the life of filament bulbs; replace with Xenon or LED lights for longer life
- TAIL LIGHTS/TURN SIGNALS – replace every five to seven years, depending on the type of bulbs that were originally used in the vehicle, as well as the amount of driving you do
- SPARK PLUGS – manufacturers state that plugs should last approximately 100,000 miles, which translates to about eight years at the national driving average of 12,000 miles in a year; have them checked during regular maintenance to ensure they are holding up and functioning as they should
- BELTS – depending on the make, model and year of your vehicle, you may just have a serpentine belt, which should last about 75,000 miles or six years; you may also have additional belts, such as a timing belt, which should last around 100,000 miles or approximately eight years
- ALTERNATOR – could last for the life of your vehicle or it might fail at around five to six years of regular driving; make sure to have your alternator tested before just replacing it
- FUEL PUMP – once again, this part could last for the life of your vehicle or it could possible fail at around five to six years of regular driving; frequently misdiagnosed for replacement, have your fuel pump checked by a professional before replacing
- WATER PUMP – may last the life of your vehicle or it could fail after just six to eight years of driving
Other Top Replaced Parts
In addition to the top list above, there are other car parts and accessories that we see replaced frequently at LaCava Auto Parts in Fall River, MA. Make sure to visit our local auto parts store for the very best in auto supply and servicing right here in Southeastern Massachusetts. Some of those parts can include fuses, engine sensors, coolant sensors, shocks and struts, mufflers, automatic transmission, and the clutch round out the list.
Once again it is important to remember that your mileage may vary – literally in this case. If you are unsure about replacing car parts and accessories for your vehicle, stop by our auto parts store and speak with one of our team members. You can also call locally at 508-676-1951.