Hydraulic systems require proper maintenance in order to remain safe. Hydraulic hoses and assemblies must be replaced periodically to prevent dangerous leaks, which can lead to serious injuries in the workplace. Just a tiny pinhole leak in hydraulic hoses can cause fluid to be released at a pressure high enough to damage clothing and skin. Burns from hot hydraulic fluids or injuries that can come from slipping or falling in spilled fluids can cost your business time and money. Your local LaCava Brothers Auto Supply Services in Fall River, MA can help you stay on top of your equipment maintenance with our hydraulic hose services.
It is important for companies that work with equipment that relies on hydraulics to lift, such as back hose, cranes, forklifts and trucks, to be proactive in this area. Knowing when to replace your hydraulic hoses, hose assemblies and conduct other essential maintenance is key. Your local Fall River auto parts and services center at LaCava Brothers Auto Supply can help. This article will provide useful tips as well as information on taking advantage of our professional quality hydraulic hose services, as well as any parts you might need for replacing hydraulic hoses at your own in-house shop.
Preventing Hydraulic Hose Failure: What to Look For
When it comes to working with a hydraulic system, preventing failure can not just save you time, but it can also save you money, by keeping your equipment in top quality working condition so you can get the job done on schedule. Here is a list of things that you should look for when doing a regular check of your hydraulic system to prevent leaks or failure of your hydraulic hoses:
- a hose bend that is too tight
- hydraulic hoses that are twisted
- quality hose assemblies from a quality manufacturer
- proper connections within the assembly
- hoses that rub up against other parts – or each other
Making sure that your hydraulic equipment is in good working order is important for many reasons. If a piece of equipment cannot be used due to failure of hydraulic hoses, it quickly becomes very time sensitive. Work can’t afford to be delayed for days while a new custom hose is made and installed. Using LaCava Brothers Auto Supply services in Fall River can help you get the right hydraulic hoses and can provide you with quality hydraulic hose services to keep your equipment working as its best.
Choose the Best: Gates Hydraulic Hydraulic Hoses
When you are shopping for Fall River auto parts and services, you can feel confident in knowing that LaCava Brothers Auto Supply uses only Gates, the most trusted brand in hydraulic hoses since 1911. Our customers count on these high quality parts for the best performance value, relying on the Gates MegaCrimp couplings, which offer 500 percent more corrosion resistance compared to other brands.
Hydraulic hose services are available at LaCava Brothers Auto Supply seven days a week. Choose from a variety of pressure ranges and abrasion resistance, depending on the performance you require. The custom hydraulic hoses and professional hydraulic hose services offered at our location provide our customers with the ultimate fluid conveyance system. Give us a call at 508-676-1951 or stop by our location on Bedford Street in Fall River to find out more about our hydraulic hoses, hydraulic hose services and any other auto parts you may require.
Hydraulic Hoses: Top 3 Causes of Failure
When it comes to minimizing the costs associated with failure of hydraulic hoses, it is important to know what causes hose failure in the first place. Once you learn more and the three conditions or situations that can lead to damage and failure, it becomes easier to avoid it in the future for better care and protection of your hydraulic hoses.
- External Damages – Studies have revealed that approximately 80 percent of hydraulic hose failures are a direct result of external damage. Physical damage can occur to the hydraulic hoses if the hose is kinked, crushed, pulled or exposed to abrasion of any kind. The most common example is seen in hoses rubbing against each other during use. Make sure that your hoses are properly installed and that all clamps are secure. You can count on LaCava Brothers Auto Supply services in Fall River, MA to ensure that your hydraulic hoses and MegaCrimp couplings are installed with prevention of this problem in mind.
- Operating Conditions – The way that the equipment or vehicle is used will also influence the performance of the hydraulic hoses. For example, using equipment during the hottest part of the day or during very cold conditions can increase the amount of wear and tear on the hydraulic hoses and system in general. Aside from extreme temperatures, frequent fluctuations in pressure can also be a factor. You will increase the life of your hydraulic hoses and reduce your need for local Fall River auto parts and services if you will consider these conditions.
- Hose Bending – Another issue that can impact the life of your hydraulic hoses is multi-plane bending, meaning that more than one plane has the wire reinforcement twisted. Studies show that just a small twist of five degrees can reduce the life of the hose by 70 degrees. Just two degrees more to a seven degrees twist can cut the service life of the hydraulic hoses by 90 percent.
LaCava Brothers Auto Supply: Auto Parts and Services in Fall River
If you are in need of auto parts and services for your vehicle of hydraulic equipment in the South Coast region, look no further than the LaCava Brothers in Fall River. Our team can help you get the parts you need and provide you with the services you require to get your vehicle or equipment back in business. Give us a call today at 508-676-1951 to find out more about our hours, for directions to our Bedford Street location or for details about our parts and services.